Hiring: Sales Representative
What if we’ve been storing fresh, living food all wrong? That’s the question that fuelled the invention of Abeego, the first beeswax food wrap in 2008. Today, Abeego is determined to disprove the airtight myth, a myth that’s been sold to us by big plastic in the 1950’s and has been sweating, suffocating and wasting our fresh food ever since.
Obsessed with extending the life of fresh food and ending food waste, Abeego was intentionally crafted to become the breathable and reusable, food preserving wrap it is today—a perfect replacement for nature’s rind or peel. Since that time, Abeego has grown to become a kitchen tool used worldwide and has inspired people all over the world to join their mission to Keep Food Alive.
A certified B Corp, Abeego not only takes pride in doing better for all but they also maintain their certification to demonstrate that they are walking the walk in all aspects of their business. This means a product that helps the planet, a company that does good in their community, and an employer that exemplifies a people-first approach from onboarding to offboarding and all the growth and connection that happens in between. With headquarters in Victoria BC, Abeego is a small team that supports production, distribution, and sales of its product.
Reporting to the CEO, the Sales Representative is a critical part of our team and plays a fundamental role in achieving our customer acquisition, retention and revenue targets. A self-identified people person, the Sales Representative brings a passion for client care and relationship-building. They manage our end-to-end sales cycle and jump at the opportunity to connect with new and existing accounts—spending their time making phone calls, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
The Sales Representative uses their communication skills to foster relationships at every stage in the sales process. They deepen relationships through regular calls and visits when appropriate, and proactively support customers in business development by providing ongoing support and training. Internally, they use their communication skills to leverage cross-functional relationships while building their knowledge of the brand, product, and market.
As the only member of the sales team, the Sales Representative will have the unique opportunity to work strategically with our leaders to develop and enhance processes, and will also be responsible for executing on the plan. They are goal-oriented and perform well with clear KPIs and targets to work toward. While this role has no reports, a Sales Representative with a desire to lead others may have the opportunity as our team grows.
- Supporting Abeego’s growth by closing sales
- Scheduling calls with qualified prospects and preparing sales content by understanding their business
- Responding to inbound wholesale applications and following up with candidates as needed
- Guiding approved partners through our onboarding process
- Developing a loyal customer base and using calls, emails, and store visits (when appropriate) to establish and build relationships and increase revenue
- Delivering product knowledge sessions, sales tools and world class support designed to grow wholesale account revenue
- Promoting new and existing products
- Anticipating customer needs and identifying opportunities for growth
- Updating and maintaining accurate customer records and sales pipelines
- Leveraging tools like Pipedrive, Asana, Google Drive, and Slack to streamline internal and external communications
- Conducting market research, attending industry events, and network on an ongoing basis
- 2+ years combined work experience in sales, hospitality, and/or client relationship management
- Experience in Sales (outbound sales preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and targets
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confidence in presenting via phone, in person, and on digital platforms
- Proficiency in technology platforms and communication tools such as Google Suite and Social Media
- Proficient with CRM sales tools
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Exceptional customer service skills and confidence in relationship building with diverse groups of people
- Proven ability to achieve targets
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Passionate about food security
- Ability to thrive in building long term relationships
- Passionate about setting goals and achieving them
- Ability to identify opportunities and solve problems proactively
- Flexible and able to manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Firm belief that we can achieve more as a team than we can alone
At Abeego we strive to uphold our core value: Appreciate Everyone and Everything. This means that we enthusiastically encourage women, people of Indigenous ancestry, people of colour, LGBTQ+ individuals and members of other diverse communities to apply for this position, regardless of whether their skills and experience are a direct match for the requirements outlined above.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Abeego Sales Rep’. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.