Eating with the seasons is one of our favorite ways to forge a deeper connection with nature; gratefully adjusting our diet & recipes as nature offers her timely abundance.
The cooling temperatures outside signal the maturity of these root vegetables and inspire soups, stews, and other bubbling cauldrons of warm nutrition.
It’s officially soup season, and Abeego is autumn’s best friend.
GRAB YOUR ABEEGO & UP YOUR SOUP GAME WITH THESE 7 TIPS
1. Fold a bag with the Giant Abeego to collect & contain veggie scraps in the fridge. Once full, simmer up the scraps to make soup stock! It’s a delicious and nutritious way to keep your compost empty & belly full.
2. Store fresh thyme, sage, and bay leaves with the Medium Abeego and add to a hearty soup.
4. Add your favorite squash to a stew and shield the other half with the Large or Medium Abeego for your next recipe (roasted squash with yogurt and honey for breakfast, anyone?). It won't even notice it's been sliced!
6. Fold a pouch with the Large Abeego and shovel mushrooms inside to keep their earthy taste alive.
7. Once completely cooled, cover the leftover pot with a Large Abeego and enjoy soup the whole week through.
SHOP ABEEGO & SAVOR SOUP SEASON
It is with deep respect and gratitude that we create, build and operate our business in the communities of Southern Vancouver Island, which as a business we acknowledge is located within the ancestral and unceded territories of the lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen) (Esquimalt and Songhees), Malahat, Pacheedaht, Scia'new, T’Sou-ke and W̱SÁNEĆ (Pauquachin, Tsartlip, Tsawout, Tseycum) peoples.