Abeego Food Wrap | Your Zero Waste Camping Essential
IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS, ABEEGO IS MORE THAN A FOOD WRAP
With many of us planning on staying closer to home this summer and exploring what our own backyard has to offer, camping is an activity we can do at the peak of a mountain, the valley of a desert, or quite literally, right in our own backyard.
As we venture off into nature, it’s important to remember to leave these spaces the way we found them or better. Camping low waste is possible, it simply takes a little bit of preparation! You may not know it yet, but Abeego does more than wraps your fridge’s food.
KEEP FOOD ALIVE AT THE HIGHEST OF ALTITUDES
Whether you’re going on a day hike or a week-long camping trip in the backcountry, Abeego’s got your back. It’s lightweight, reusable, packs down to nearly nothing, and protects the foods that fuel your adventure. Who ever said camping food can’t be fresh food? Ditch the canned beans this outing and enjoy your fresh living foods alfresco the whole trip through. No food waste, no plastic waste, no cumbersome containers.
OUR TEAM'S FAVORITE OUTDOOR ABEEGO USES
- Toss your trail mix or pre-shredded cheese in the Abeego packet made with a Medium or Large wrap.
- Use for some extra grip to open pesky jars or dislodge sticky tent poles.
- Fold your Abeego into a bag and use it to collect garbage you couldn’t avoid.
- Slice your veggies at home and wrap them in a Large Abeego using the parcel technique.
- Insert into your cup holder to hold snacks for the drive out.
- Forgot a bowl? With the right folding techniques, you can even eat cereal and milk out of your Abeego. Just remember - nothing hot!
- Keep Abeego on hand to keep your foods dry if rain is in the forecast.
- Use your Abeego as a plate/mat for snacks.
- Use old and worn out Abeego as twist ties to temporarily fix broken gear.
- After your morning of channeling your inner sandwich artist, wrap them in a Large Abeego for your day’s hike.
- Crumple up some older Abeego and stabilize wobbly camp chairs.
Perhaps one of camping’s best companions, Abeego Firestarters are high-powered wicks that can get any fire burning. They’re lightweight, water resistant, slow burning, chemical free, and perfect for campfires, charcoal barbecues, wood fireplaces and stoves. Did you know they’re made entirely from Abeego food wrap trimmings? Our Firestarters reflect our commitment to sustainability, rooted in recognizing the value of the whole beast.
Learn more about how to build a fire with Abeego Firestarters here!